When asked, most homeowners will report that they want a conservatory or believe that now is the ideal time to build an addition on their home. However, what some don’t consider is whether a conservatory is the right decision for their home at all.
In fact, many homeowners don’t understand when a conservatory will be of value and when it won’t be (both in the monetary and personal sense of the term). Luckily, there are simple guiding factors you can ask yourself to be sure a conservatory is the right option for you.
Let’s get evaluating!
The Best Candidates for Conservatories Share a Few Qualities
If you’re looking to build a conservatory, it’s important to consider the primary factors such as your budget, but there are others as well. In fact, those who are best suited to benefit from a conservatory share a few qualities:
- They own a home where the conservatory will not impact the size of the outdoor garden.
- They own a home with a kitchen or living area that lacks space.
- They are a keen gardener and want to grow plants and use the conservatory as most are intended, as a green house.
- They have a robust budget to invest in premium quality labour and materials, therefore increasing the value of the home.
- They only intend on using the space for a few months out of the year and can use it for other purposes at less-than-ideal times of occupation.
Of course, there are other factors that can make some homeowners more suitable for a conservatory addition than others. However, these are amongst the most important that should reveal whether this decision is right for you.
The Worst Candidates for Conservatories Also Share a Few Qualities
Just as the best candidates share qualities that make them ideal for conservatories, so do those who should not invest in this addition for various reasons.
These reasons include:
- They own a home where the area for the conservatory is not facing south or is intruded upon by trees or other properties in the area.
- They own a home with a spacious kitchen and living area.
- They intend on using the space all year (even in cooler temperatures).
- They own a home where significant construction is needed to connect the new structure to the existing home.
- They own a home with a small garden, meaning the conservatory will eliminate any space in the lawn.
If you meet any of these criteria, it’s important to evaluate whether a conservatory is the right option for you. Doing so will allow you to invest money into other areas of your home where you will have a better return on your investment.
Management Joinery Solutions is Your Partner Before, During, and After Your Conservatory Addition
Do you meet the criteria for those best suited for a conservatory addition? If so, investing in a conservatory with the in-house professionals at Management Joinery Solutions will bring your vision to life.
To discuss your unique needs, contact a member of our team on 07772608248. We look forward to speaking with you and ensuring that when you invest in a conservatory addition with us, you’re getting the premium solution you deserve.